Thursday 22 May 2014

Review: L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara

Hello again everyone! Today I'm reviewing another drugstore mascara that has crossed my path over the past few weeks. I have been having some mascara issues lately and I'm on the hunt for a good affordable mascara. I know that L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara has been around for a very, very long time and it gets much love in the makeup community. I have used this mascara in the past but I decided to repurchase it a few weeks ago to give it another go and give my two cents about it:

PROS:

  • Although it was very "wet" on the first application, it dried out within a few days and became a really nice consistency to work with. 
  • It gives me dramatic volume with 1-2 coats.
  • It seems to lengthen lashes slightly.
  • It helps my stick-straight lashes to hold a curl without feeling crunchy.
  • It layers well if you wish to add another layer for a night out.
  • It has classy, sleek packaging.
  • It's budget friendly and is often on sale. 
  • The brush is designed well and separates lashes easily.

CONS:

  • The formula was incredibly wet and messy on first application.
  • The formula tends to flake onto my under-eye area after a few hours.
  • The formula dried out and is now very clumpy after only 3 weeks. 

After giving this mascara an honest try, I can definitely see why it is so well loved by makeup-wearers everywhere. My main issue is that it has dried up and become super clumpy after a mere three weeks of being opened, and I generally expect a mascara to last longer than that. The nice thing is that it can be easily replaced every couple weeks, as it is affordable and easy to find, but I like a mascara that performs for longer. It truly is a beautiful product, but I shall be moving on to another mascara to trial in the pursuit for the perfect drugstore mascara.

Have you tried L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara? Has anybody else experienced it drying up so quickly? Please let me know your thoughts in the comments below and recommend me your favorite budget mascaras!

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment