Sunday 29 June 2014

June Favorites

This month there are a few products that I've been especially enjoying. As it is June and the weather in Newfoundland is periodically warm and summer-like, I've been sporting more minimal makeup looks. Though this is not to say that I've been kicking it neutral, I've been thoroughly enjoying pops of bright and perky colors to the lips and cheeks for a fresh and pretty look. Here's the line up that made the top of my list for this month:

URBAN DECAY NAKED SKIN ULTRA DEFINITION FOUNDATION
This little wonder had graced last month's favorites and has continued to impress me ever since. Recently my skin has become more dry and dehydrated and this foundation now lasts all day on my skin even without the amazing Urban Decay Setting Spray or a setting powder. I love that it has a very skin-like finish that still manages to have that healthy glow while still letting my freckles peek through. Check out my original review here.

CLINIQUE SUPER CITY BLOCK DAILY FACE PROTECTOR
I'm nuts about SPF (and specifically about preventing wrinkles) and Clinique really out-did themselves on this one. I love this moisturizer on it's own and under makeup. I have yet to get a sun burn while wearing the impressive factor 40 and have not had any skin issues (breakouts, irritation, etc) since using it. Another bonus it that it helps control oil which comes in handy for really hot days.

WET N WILD BRULEE EYESHADOW
I love a good matte eye shadow, especially when it comes at an insanely affordable price point. I reach for this little number on a daily basis and it has become my most used single eye shadow. Wet n Wild have amazing quality eye shadows and this one is the perfect neutral cream that can be paired with virtually any other color.

MAYBELLINE COLOR ELIXIR IN RADIANT RASPBERRY
Unfortunately this was a limited edition product from Maybelline's Bleached Neons collection. If you still see it kicking around in the displays I would highly recommend picking it up. I love that this is the fusion between a lipstick and lip gloss that feels incredibly hydrating and wears down to a pretty stain on the lips. The color itself is a beautiful rich pink with a touch of coral. This has been my go to product for work as it can last long enough in between breaks before I need to reapply again.

LANCOME ROUGE IN LOVE GLOSS IN 312
It's the perfect peachy nude for days when I don't want to wear a bright lip. The formula of these glosses is the best I have come across and I think they are worth the investment if you are someone who enjoys wearing gloss. What more can I say?

THE BODY SHOP BODY SORBET IN MANGO
My most recent post reviewed this delicious product that I want to smother myself in every day. Check out my review here. It's like no other body lotion I've ever tried and it's the perfect product for summer.

TAZO TEA ZEN GREEN TEA
My favorite green tea ever. I've been sucking this down in an attempt to cut down on my coffee consumption and I absolutely adore it. I'd recommend ordering a cup at Starbucks to test it out before purchasing a box of tea bags.

What have you been adoring this month? Let me know your most used products in the last month.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment