For those of you who are confused by the purpose of dry shampoo, it is not necessarily equivalent to the traditional shampoo and conditioning experience that you would carry out in the shower, but a great way to freshen up your hair when it starts to get greasy (attractive, I know). I don't wash my hair every day, but I love to use dry shampoo on the days when I don't wash my hair, to absorb oil at the roots and help give my hair some beachy texture and volume. Dry shampoo can also be used on clean hair for the purpose of adding some grit and texture to clean hair that would otherwise lay flat.
What I love about the Dove Fresh Care Dry Shampoo:
- It smells amazing, very similar to Dove shampoos but perhaps more fruity. The scent manages to stick into my hair all day but isn't strong or overpowering.
- Instead of using clay like most traditional dry shampoos, corn starch is instead used to soak up oils on the scalp. For girls with fine hair, this means that we can freshen up our roots without having them weighed down or look like baby powder was dumped on our heads.
- A bottle lasts forever. I use mine nearly every day (since I rarely wash my hair) and I get at least six months out of a can.
- It is budget friendly, coming in at around $6 dollars a can.
- It is the only product I can use to create big hair with my fine, limp locks.
- It seems impossible to apply too much. Very user friendly.
If you are a user of dry shampoo or if you are looking for a way to freshen up your hair in between washes, I would highly recommend checking out this product the next time you hit the drugstore. I'm obsessed and I don't think I can be without it. It's a product I have repurchased three times over, if that's any indication.
Have you tried the Dove Fresh Care Dry Shampoo? What is your favorite dry shampoo?
Thanks for reading.