Sunday 31 August 2014

Girl Crushing: Girls' Jessa Johansson


I think we've all been there. Completely idolizing an individual who is so positively divine that you just wish that you could be them. That my friends, is called a girl crush. I personally have many girl crushes but this one is very different from the rest, and quite possibly the coolest person ever. I've been girl crushing hard on Jessa Johnansson (Jemima Kirke) from the HBO hit series Girls. Jessa is the counterpart of a very realistic group of twenty something girls who are best friends through the good times and the bad times. Jessa's style is absolutely stunning and in my eyes she is the perfect modern day gypsy. I love her free-spirited attitude about life which definitely translates to her personal style. It's not unusual to see her donning vintage frocks, fur coats, kimonos and heaps of over sized jewelry. Her long wavy hair is gorgeous but never intentionally "done", instead it has that tousled bed head look that I love. As for her makeup, Jessa often keeps it simple and looks practically bare-faced, except for when she pulls out a dramatic vampy lip that I swoon over each time. The above picture from Season 3 is my inspiration for this makeup look, according to her makeup artist, Jessa is wearing Revlon Certainly Red Lipstick. I planned on picking up that lipstick until I saw the Revlon Matte Balm in Standout, which I loved the look of for myself.

To break down the look is very simple. Go for clean skin (or a light foundation), contour the face with a neutral blush or bronzer and slap on a vampy lipstick. Jessa normally skips out on any mascara or eye makeup but my blonde lashes needed a little bit of something something to make them look existant. I finished off my homage to Jesssa by throwing on a kimono wrap top, a statement necklace and a messy side pony.

I loved rocking this makeup look and enjoyed taking a step out of my comfort zone to channel my inner gypsy goddess that must be hiding in there somewhere. Do you have a girl crush?


No comments:

Post a Comment