Sunday 5 October 2014

A Slightly Late September Favorites

First off, my apologies for being a little late with the monthly favorites. Life gets a little hectic this time of the year but I will be getting back to my regular twice weekly postings as of today. September was a gorgeous month which inspired me to get more autumnal with my makeup looks. Nearly every day I wore a variation of a brown-neutral eye makeup, plum cheeks and a natural lip color. Here are the five products that rocked my world in September:

CHARLOTTE TILBURY THE SOPHISTICATE EYESHADOW QUAD
I've been really enjoying Charlotte Tilbury makeup since my massive order came in a while ago. This eyeshadow quad is right up my alley, as I love matte neutral shadows. This quad contains a matte cream, matte soft brown, matte taupe and matte dark brown- all of which blend together amazingly to create a range of lovely eye looks. This quad can be used to make a pretty day time look with a wash of the bone shadow and the light brown shadow in the crease or amped up to be a full-on smokey eye without looking over the top. I can see this little quad being a permanent favorite in my makeup collection.

ELIZABETH ARDEN BEAUTIFUL COLOR RADIANCE BLUSH in PLUM PERFECTION
I received this mini blush in a gift with purchase last fall. I never gave it much attention and I have no idea why...because it's gorgeous. Although I have the miniature size, this blush can be bought in the full size at Elizabeth Arden counters. The blush looks really dark and scary in the pan but on the skin it comes across as a matte plummy rose color. For lighter skin tones, I would recommend wearing it lower on the cheeks as a contouring blush to help sculpt out the cheekbones. Although, it does look equally gorgeous swept onto the apples of the cheeks. I haven't heard many people talk about Elizabeth Arden products before but I am truly impressed by the quality of this blush.

CLINIQUE BOTTOM LASH MASCARA
Lately I've been having some major issues of mascara flaking onto my face. It was only when I purchased this mascara that I discovered it was flaking from my bottom lashes because I haven't had a problem since. I was skeptical of this product at first, thinking it was a bit of a gimmick needing two separate mascaras for top and bottom lashes. But I was very wrong. If you have issues with mascara smudging/flaking/disappearing from your bottom lashes, give the Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara a try. Coming in at $12, I think this is comparable in price to drugstore mascaras while being a higher end product. I won't be without it ever again!

CLARINS LOTUS FACE TREATMENT OIL
I credit this oil in combination with a new cleanser I'm trialing to clearing up the majority of my breakouts over the last month. I massage this oil into my face and neck after cleansing and exfoliating my face at night and I wake up with clear, hydrated skin. I've nearly used up the bottle and will be needing to repurchase it soon, although it should last a very long time as you only need from 2-4 drops to cover the entire face. This oil is designed for blemish prone and oily skins so don't be afraid to try out an oil if you have oily skin!

AQUAPHOR OINTMENT
I realize that there is no way to make a tube of ointment look attractive but this healing balm is a beauty in my eyes. If you suffer from incredibly dry and flaky lips at this time of year, I urge you to pick up a tube. I apply this to my lips in the morning while I do my makeup and before I go to bed (and probably multiple other times throughout the day). It's the only product that has actually helped to heal my lips and keep them from peeling off completely. A tube of this magical ointment will run you around $10 but will last you a lifetime... so why not?

So there are my top products of last month. What were you loving in the month of September?


2 comments:

  1. Those eyeshadows look fantastic! And weird thing to say, but I love the case, looks so posh and sophisticated! Great picks!

    www.sowhatsfashionabout.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks doll! I'm absolutely head over heels for all of the Charlotte Tilbury products I own. There's so much thought and detail put into each product. It's truly a beautiful palette that I could never part with. Thanks for commenting darling! xo

      Delete