Sunday 9 November 2014

My Favorite Highlighter Brush


Happy Sunday ladies and gents! I've recently picked up a new camera and I'm still trying to figure out how to take a nice shot, though I look forward to improving my blog photography.

Today I'm presenting my favorite brush for applying highlighter which just happens to be affordable and readily available across the country. Since investing in a fan brush, I've been totally impressed by the gorgeous glow it imparts high on the cheekbone that looks subtle and natural. I love a good cheek highlight as much as the next girl, but I really dislike the really obvious and stark stripes of highlighter I see some people sporting. For a natural radiance, it's as easy as tapping the brush into a powder highlighter and lightly dabbing the brush across the top of the cheeks where you want your skin to glow.

The brush in question is from the affordable brush range from the drugstore, EcoTools. For under ten bucks you can score a super soft fan brush perfect for highlighting (and contouring, I suspect!). The EcoTools Deluxe Fan Brush looks and feels more expensive than it is and I love the look and feel of a wooden handle. This is one of the many drugstore gems I've discovered in the past few months and it has certainly encouraged me to slap on a little highlighter in the early mornings or night's out.

What kind of brush do you like to use for highlighter? Are there other brushes in the EcoTools range I should look out for?

Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. I've always used the ELF small stipple brush for a light highlight, but this looks wonderful! I don't own too many Eco Tools brushes... though, one that I love is the sheer kabuki brush which is great for overly pigmented blushers!

    Again, this looks great!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't dabbled with many Eco Tools brushes but I'm super impressed by the fan brush. I love the look of the sheer kabuki but I wasn't sure what I would use it for, but good to know it works well for highly pigmented blushes! That might be a good one for my SUPER pigmented Nars Amour. Thanks for commenting Louise! I look forward to reading more of your splurge-enabling posts :D xoxo

      Delete