here). After doing some research, I discovered a project that some beauty bloggers are participating in called Project Pan. The purpose of Project Pan is to choose items already found in your makeup collection and give yourself a certain amount of time to either hit pan on those items or use them up entirely. Generally during this project, you can restrict yourself from buying any new products or a "low buy" where you only re-purchase things you run out of or restrict yourself to a certain number of purchases per month/time period.
Project Pan 2015 Rules:
1) My project pan will start from Jan 1, 2015 until March 21, 2015 with the possibility of extension.
2) I will not make any beauty purchases during this time period (unless I need a new mascara, etc).
3) I will attempt to use up products entirely and/or hit pan on powder products in set time span.
Why I am starting Project Pan:
1) I have accumulated a lot of new products in the past year and I want to get to know my own collection. Hopefully using up the products I currently own will prevent me from buying similar shades or products.
2) I have yet hit to pan on any color products in my collection. That includes eye shadows, blushes and bronzers. I've also never used up an entire lipstick (and I have too many as it is).
3) Makeup is an investment and I want to feel like I am getting my money's worth.
4) Using up an entire product will help me appreciate exactly how long it takes to use something up. I hope this will make me think twice before making future purchases.
5) I need to stop buying new things until I use up older items in my collection.
Project Pan Items:
Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation- This foundation made my 2014 favorites and I'm nearly at the end of the bottle. Since starting Accutane, my skin has been extremely dry and this foundation is not moisturizing enough more my flaky skin. I plan to finish it up and move on to other foundations in my stash.
NARS Translucent Crystal Pressed Powder- A fantastic powder that I've been attempting to finish up for months. I'm confident that I can finish this off by March.
NARS Amour Blush- I am feeling very ambitious on this one but I am hoping to hit pan on this NARS blush by March. I chose this blush because it is matte rosy blush which looks really pretty this time of year. I'm beginning to think this is going to be difficult to pan because it is extremely pigmented and I only use a small amount of product with each application.
Elizabeth Arden Blonde Eyeshadow- I have too many single eyeshadows in my collection that don't get enough use. I own enough shimmery beige shadows as it is, so I look forward to using this up entirely.
Estee Lauder Wild Truffle Eyeshadow- A matte taupe eyeshadow that I rarely use and would like to use up. I paid nearly $30 for this eyeshadow and I would like to feel like I didn't waste my money.
MAC Mystery Eyeshadow- My oldest eyeshadow in my collection. I've literally had it for years. I've already made a pretty big dent in it and I think I could use it up if I put my mind to it.
Clarins Rouge Eclat Lipstick in Nude Rose- An easy everyday pink color that is already half used up. This was my first high end lipstick purchase and it's time to finish it before it goes bad.
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Pencil in Demolition- An eyeliner that I've had for over a year that seems to be drying up. It's a basic black-brown that I'm confident I can finish by spring.
So there is my personal challenge for the next three months. I will be posting updates to let you know how I do with it and keep myself accountable to completing my Project Pan. I think this is a fun way to save some money and use up some makeup products along the way. I challenge YOU to join me in the challenge!
Thanks for reading.